About Me

My photo
Louisiana, United States
We have been married 25 years and have 2 grown children. The last one is about to leave the nest. No empty nest syndrome here. We are excited to start our next adventure by ourselves.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Last Couple of Weeks in Review

A lot has been going on the last couple of weeks. A couple of weekends ago Allen and I cleaned up the fence line and backyard. Little did we know that among the honeysuckle and vines lurked either poison ivy or oak. He has it on his arms, eyelid, stomach and the inside of his thighs. Poor thing. Look what he does just to make me happy.

Last Sunday we had a going away party for our preacher of 10 years. He has been moved to the Lake Charles area. In the Methodist church, the preachers are moved by the bishop not by choice. He is moving closer to his family and we wish him luck but he will be terribly missed. This Sunday is a welcome party for our new preacher and his wife. I am looking forward to getting to know them.

I've saved the best for last. Last night we found out that we are going to be grandparents for the very first time. So Robin, Fonda, and Stacy now I can be a REAL Grandma Gone Wild instead of an honorary one. The baby is due around January 25. I've been going over grandma names. I like grams but my mom is called grams by my nieces so I think that would be confusing. I also like Grandmom but Allen isn't crazy about Granddad. Then I thought of my nickname way back when I was a little girl. ReeRee. Allen said that for a little child ReeRee would probably come out WeeWee so I think I will settle with just Ree. I have a while before our little one can even talk so I don't have to rush the decision. Any suggestions out there?

8 comments:

  1. First let me say...just can't join GGW there is a huge test to past :) and it's a hard test! :)

    Second, glad to see the post.

    Third...Congrats on becoming a grandparent...good luck with the name, I found out they are gonna call you what they want, maybe when they get older they will use the name you want, not sure yet...I'm a Muggy to Colton and I'm sure Tayler will use that too especially since their parents now refer to me as Muggy...the other 2 don't say anything yet so we will see if Grams comes out, I still refer to myself as Grams but doesn't mean anything...Colton knows I use Grams but when you ask him, is my name Muggy or Grams he'll say Muggy and if I say why don't you call me Grams he'll say just because your Muggy...so I give up.

    Fourth...sorry Allen

    Again Congrats!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a surprise! I really didn't expect that news today!

    And, so sorry to hear about the poison ivy/oak...I have a mystery vine in my yard that I refuse to touch without gloves just because I am not sure what it is!

    AS for Grandma names...I was lucky enough to get mine twice so far (Maddux isn't talking yet)...but I know that Robin tried and tried for Grams and hasn't gotten it yet! I just really didn't want Granny! Maybe "YaYa"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a very long comment...which said it posted...but as you can see, it is not here. So, at the risk of repeating myself...

    Congratulations! That was the last thing I expected to hear this morning...but I am so excited for y'all.

    Allen, we hope you get to feeling better soon. I have a vine in my yard that I refuse to touch without gloves because I don't know what it is.

    Rita...have you considered "YaYa"? Kelli was called that by a friend's little girl and I thought it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin...Does the test consist of carry Fonda up a hill? ha ha. In the end, it really doesn't matter what our grand calls us just as long as he or she calls us.

    Fonda...Allen did wear gloves he just touched his face with his gloved hand and he was wearing a short sleeved shirt. I don't know how it got on the rest of him.

    Thanks to both of you on wishing us the best with our first grandbaby. It is really an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fonda it was VERY SHOCKING to me too! But everything happens for a reason!

    -Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulatons! Folks hope all goes well and like you said just as long as baby calls you something...Gramma and Pa! Best wishes to Mom and Dad on news of Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on becoming a grandmother! :)

    IF (I really doubt it, but hoping) and when I become a grandmother, I want to be called "Grandmama" (not pronounced "mamaw/papaw") or Lola which is Tagalog word for grandmother.

    ReplyDelete